Wednesday 17 October 2012

Color Club Revvolution Spectraflaired!! (and matching polish jewellery!!)

Today's post I'm going to show you CC Revvvolution. I have been trying to get a hold of the original of this for a long time now, each time I've brought this it always been a dud (not holo). I've finally given up hope so I though I would add some spectraflair to my bottle to make it holographic.

For those of you who don't know spectraflair comes in powder form and is usually used on cars but can be added to polish to make said polish holographic. It usually lightens/dulls the polish but I didn't see any change in Revvvolution at all. Spectraflair isn't so easy to come by but you can get it from my friend Lori who sells it HERE.

I also decided to make a ring to match this mani as I love it so much!!
Lets take a look at the pictures!!

With Flash

Close-up of Ring

No Flash

With Flash 
No Flash

With Flash
I love how opaque Revvvolution is!! I only used one coat!! Application was really smooth too, I just love this polish!

Polishes I used:
Essie 3in1 Base
Color Club Revvvolution  Spectraflaired
Seche Vite

Polishes I used to make the ring:
China Glaze Fairy Dust
Orly Shine On Crazy Diamond
Color Club Revvvolution Spectraflaired

It is more of a scattered holographic effect than linear. The polish looks grey in the bottle and on the nail without the flash but with the flash it looks more black, the same can be said for the ring too. 

The ring setting is gorgeous!! My sister brought the ring setting from eBay and I can't find the link, sorry guys!! 

So what do you think of the polish and the jewellery? Are you going to buy some spectraflair? If so let me know how you will use yours!!

2 comments: