Thursday 29 November 2012

Illamasqua Ruffian Nail Art

 Yesterdays posts wearing Illamasqua Muse made me want to take out some of my other Illamasqua polishes. So today I'm wearing not one but two Illamasqua polishes. 

I always wanted to try doing a ruffian manicure. For those of you who don't know what a 'ruffian' is, its kind of like a reverse french tip. I'm not sure how else to explain it so its best you take a look at the pictures..






Polishes I used:
Nail Envy Soft and Thin
Illamasqua Propaganda 
Illamasqua Snap
Seche Vite

I also used clear rhinestones for added bling.

I started off with 2 coats of Illamasqua Propaganda, a deep navy blue coloured jelly polish. I then put on one coat on Illamasqua Snap, a pewter polish with a shimmer, making sure to leave a gap at the base of my nail to show Propaganda. To finsih it off I put 2 clear rhinestones at the base of my nail using a dotting tool and some topcoat. I sealed it all in with a final layer of Seche Vite, my go to fast drying topcoat. 

I had some shrinkage from the topcoat and you can see some of Propaganda showing through on the tips, probably because I forgot to wrap my nails. *Doh!*
I ideally I would have preferred it if I left a bit more of a gap so that more of Propaganda was showing but that something I can live with. Overall, I love how this turned out! 

Thanks for reading!!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful!!!

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!! Check out this link to read more about it!

    http://apolishplayground.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete