Tuesday 27 November 2012

Nail Art: Vintage Photo Film Negatives

Today's nail art is inspired by those old film negatives you used to get before everyone got into digital cameras. I actually started this manicure going for another look then this came to mind so I did this instead. 

I only have one decent picture of it, but I think it does a decent job of showing off the mani.

Lets take a look...


Polishes I used:
OPI Nail Envy Soft and Thin
China Glaze Liquid Leather
Barry M Grey
Barry M Matte White
Seche Vite

I also used a medium length striper brush and short thin nail art brush. 

Not my neatest nail art, and it took me a while to figure out the best way to do this quickly and precisely, I think next time I try this it will be much easier and look a little neater. 

I used the striper brush to make a thick grey line (Barry M Grey and Matte white mixed together) in the middle of my accent nails and 2 very thin ones on either side of it. I then used the same striper brush to make the black lines going across the thick grey stripe in the middle. Using the smaller brush I made the line across the 2 thin grey stripes on either side. 

I'm not very good at explaining but I hope you understood what I did.  :-D

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment