Monday 25 November 2013

Doctor Who Nails - Better Late Than Never!!

I'm a little late to the party but I have been waiting to do Doctor Who nails for a very long time and if I don't do them now, I fear I never will. 
Everyone posted their Doctor Who manis on Saturday when 'The Day Of The Doctor' was aired marking the shows 50th anniversary. I was supposed to do my mani then too but like an idiot I forgot it was coming on until an hour before.  Doh! 
But I couldn't let opportunity pass me so I pulled out my brushes and a hell of a lot of polishes and got to work.

I had a few images that I used to inspire me with the nail art so I will show all those first before I show you how I transformed them into a mani. 






And here is how I incorporated them into a manicure. Unfortuately my DSLR ran out of juice and I can't find the charger so these pictures have been taken on my phone except for the last picture which was taken on my DSLR before it died. I hope these are good enough!





I did the Doctor Who official intial/logo on my thumb
Bad Wolf on my index finger, referring to the 1st season and it was also mentioed in Saturdays show. 
The TARDIS on my middle finger.. well a part of it. 
And some Galaxy nail art on my ring and pinky seeing as the Doctor does travel through time and SPACE. 

Polishes I used:
Essie 3in1 Base
Nails Inc Baker Street (Base on all nails)
Sally Hansen Wet Cement (DW logo)
Sally Hansen Lavender Cloud (all white detailing)
Sally Hansen Raven (used on middle finger)
Max Factor Odyssey Blue (one coat on ring and pinky)
OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue
OPI Grape Wall Of China (sponged on for galaxy)
Sally Hansen Presto Pink (sponged on for galaxy)
Seche Vite

I also used:
3x Fine Detailing Nail Art Brush
Dotting Tool
Cosmetic Sponge

The Galaxy was a bit of a fail, The colours didn't blend I as well as I would've liked but I still think they look pretty great otherwise I'm really happy with how these turned out! I think for next time I may do the full Tardis in the galaxy... who knows when that will be though! 

Thanks for reading!



2 comments: